sábado, 20 de abril de 2013

Pessimism

                I have always been pessimistic. I don't know why, don't ask me. I always left a little space in my mind reserved to think that things would go bad. "It is better...", I said to myself, "...to expect less and achieve more than to achieve less than what you expected". This way we save ourselves a lot of disappointments.

                I also always thought that the theory that if someone who is depressed has problems it is because they are depressed to be ridiculous. I'm not saying that happiness isn't important. If we can maintain our happiness in the face of difficulties it will be better for us, but to say that the lack of happiness is what causes our problems is not true. There are those who have many problems and yet are happy and those who don't have any problems and are miserable. It is like saying that if a man throws himself from the top of a building and die, that's because he wasn't convicted that he could fly.
                Our success depends mostly on the strengh of will, but you also need to have skill and opportunity, maybe even some help and sometimes also a bit of luck.
                Our thoughs and emotions may or may not be influenced by the things that happen to us, however they do not cause them. If this was so, nobody would be old, poor, sick, alone, dead or depressed.
                I hope you all enjoy this post, but I'm not very optimistic about it...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...