segunda-feira, 22 de abril de 2013

Conversation on the banks of the Styx

How I wished to travel beyond the horizon,
to arrive at the banks of the river Styx,
to pay the tool to the sinister Charon,
and to hear him ask me in amazement:

"I have been waiting you for long, you are late!
What were you doing to have taken so long?
All this waiting is not of my liking,
a little more and I would have abandoned you!"

"It wasn't my fault, I was a prisoner.
Why would I, o noble ferryman,
want to live amongst the men,
in a world full with pain and agony?"

"Climb on to the boat and let us cross to the other side,
you have a place reserved on the Elysian Fields,
you'll certainly not go unnoticed there,
for you are known for all your torment."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...